You’ve arrived at the official Morse Society website, dedicated to families named Morse, Mors, Moss and their variations. Here, you’ll find an ever-growing source of genealogical data about your ancestors, their lives and times. Much interesting information about the Morses and related families is available for the casual visitor and a larger and much richer trove of data, dates and genealogical material can be accessed by our members.
Become a Member!
The wealth of information amassed by hundreds of dedicated researchers over the years can be yours – as a member - for the surprisingly low cost of $20.00 per year. Such information as:
- In-depth profiles of the first Morses to arrive on our shores
- Descriptions of the land, the Native peoples and the conditions that they encountered
- The life stories of these brave and hardy newcomers
- Vital statistics birth dates, siblings, marriages, education, military service, deaths, etc., that in some cases, are not available anywhere else
- Interesting stories from years of the Society’s popular Newsletters
- Access to the our frequently-updated Facebook pages
The Study of Genealogy
The word “genealogy” is the word used to describe the study of one’s parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and forbears, reaching back in time as far as possible. “Family history” is an in-depth study of the lineage in a family including the life stories of individuals; like their education, occupations, medical conditions, military service, residences, etc.
Interest in one’s forbears reaches through the centuries. The lineage of the crowned heads of Europe and nobility elsewhere was of prime importance to the rich and powerful and people of every rank of society. However, interest in genealogy has increased immensely in the last 50 or so years, due to a number of factors, not the least of which was the huge popularity of the television miniseries “Roots”.
The Morse Society website was updated to version 3.4.1 on 5 September 2014.
We are Members, too!
The Morse Society is a proud member of: